Saturday, August 05, 2006

Khairy Jamaluddin - I'm Prepared To Quit.

Khairy Jamaluddin says that he is prepared to quit if he is a liability to Umno Youth. In keeping with Umno culture that the party reigns supreme than the leader, Umno Youth deputy chief Khairy Jamaluddin says he is prepared to quit his post if he is a liability to the movement.

Nevertheless, as a mark of respect to party members, he said, any decision on his position can only be decided by the movement's delegates as they were the ones who elected him.

"Only they can decide. Nobody can force a person to leave except those who elected the leader.

"Leaders carry out delegates' mandate. If the leader does not have the credibility or is a liability to an organisation, he cannot cling on to his post. He must realise this.

"So, I want to seek the views of Umno Youth members at the grassroots whether I've become a liability with all the speculations about me," he told reporters after opening the Cheras Umno Youth delegates conference Saturday.

**** So is that a "I am quitting now if I'm a liability" type of statement, or is it a "I am ready to quit immediately but because I've been elected by the delegates and since I must respect their wishes I shall quit the instant the delegates ask me to at the next UMNO general assembly" kind of desire to 'resign immediately'? If that is confusing, don't worry, you're in good company. As usual keeping to recent blogging etiquette I shall not comment too much on this and leave you to come to your own conclusion.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shanghai Fish said...

Another sendiwara, only this time acted out by minnows !
This is one of the party ways to get attention and mileage and sympathy.If he says he has made a decision then it is HIS decision. Stop hanging on to the party's decision.
I would not know how to read between the lines, but if a man says he's gotta go... then bloody well...go boy !
Stop this crap about the rakyat and party needing you.
Nobody AND NOBODY is indispensable.

7:12 PM GMT+8  
Blogger wyejon said...

lol... snigger... yawn... ho hum... gee... that was entertaining for a while.

mark of respect pulak... if it's about quitting one can easily make the decision themselves... no need to ask for approval.

1:25 AM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home

!-- End #sidebar -->
Malaysia Blog Sites Listing Check Web Rank World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites hits Blog Portal