Sunday, June 04, 2006

How Do You Blow A Million Bucks?

Got some loose change you want to spend? About a million ringgit worth? Then the right person you gotta meet is Sujartha K.

As for me I have neither the time nor the desire to exhaust myself contemplating on how to spend that kind of moolah.

Firstly, I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm doomed to work till I drop dead. Either that or be declared a bankrupt, car repossessed, house confiscated or a dozen other unwanted scenarios. I am what you can term a financial planner's dream come true, who can take you under his wings and educate you on the finer points of planning for the future. For a 'small' fee of course.

Secondly, you come to a phase in your life where other things begin to matter more than just material comfort, no doubt it is not unimportant. Some rich geezer reading this would probably chuckle and think, "you poor sod, trying to soothe away your state of poverty philosophically'. Be that as it may, the rich and the not so rich both have the same 24 hours in a day and how productively you utilize it and the satisfaction that it brings is probably a better measure of how 'wealthy' you really are.

Finally, wealth is actually a state of mind rather than a glossary of your material hoarding. You can modify it with a correct perspective of what you need and differentiate that from what you yearn or desire.

Having said all that, what would I do if I had a million to spare? I'd probably take the old lady (luckily my wife doesn't read my blog) for a much postponed world tour and put the rest aside for my baby girl's tertiary education in 18 years time. Now my dad would have been proud I said that, but he doesn't read my blog either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

!-- End #sidebar -->
Malaysia Blog Sites Listing Check Web Rank World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites hits Blog Portal