Saturday, July 29, 2006

Mahathir Says Incident In Kelantan Scary

Here is a first person description by the victim, Dr Mahathir about the 'pepper spray attack' at Kota Baharu.

Former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad Saturday described the incident in which he was hit by pepper spray in Kelantan Friday as very scary. It was frightening because he had difficulty breathing, could not speak and his throat felt painful while his eyes, nose and lips were smarting, he told reporters after visiting several development projects in Langkawi.

He said that according to the schedule arranged for his arrival at the airport in Kota Baharu, he would speak from the sunroof of a Pajero vehicle to thank those who received him and then change to another vehicle.

"As I was entering the Pajero, a sturdy man pulled me roughly and with force to stop me from entering the Pajero but I went in anyway. Then, when I stood up to speak, the spray hit me. "I thought initially it was police tear gas but this was colourless unlike tear gas," he said.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAD,

Didn't the current PM also gave the same treatment to those who protest on the increase in fuel prices ?

Shouldn't you also be cursing Bodollah Bodohwi ?

Why is the double standard ?

10:17 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAD,

Didn't the current PM also gave the same treatment to those who protest on the increase in fuel prices ?

Shouldn't you also be cursing Bodollah Bodohwi ?

Why is the double standard ?

10:17 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it should be Kota Bharu instead of Kota Baharu :P

11:16 PM GMT+8  
Blogger The Malaysian. said...

anak kelate, I had also thought it was Kota Bharu until I noticed that almost every report referred to it as Kota Baharu! Right now I wonder which is correct.

11:32 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home

!-- End #sidebar -->
Malaysia Blog Sites Listing Check Web Rank World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites hits Blog Portal