Monday, January 14, 2008

The Fibbing British

Brits really don't mind telling fibs, for not only does the average Brit man lie five times a day, but the women too lie at least thrice a day.

As for what these lies might be, well according to a new poll, the words 'nothing's wrong - I'm fine' is the most common fib.

The survey, for flavoured vodka brand WKD, found that the next most common fib was "Nice to see you" while "I haven't got any cash on me" was the third most common one.

And, women need not get their hopes up when their man tells them "I'll give you a ring" for it's the fourth most common lie that's told in the UK.

"Sorry, I missed your call" rounded off the list of the top five most commonly told fibs.

Other lies that made it to the list was "No, your bum doesn't look big in that", which came in at the eight spot, as well as "Of course I love you," which was 12th on the list, reports The Sun.

"I'm stuck in traffic", "What text?", "I had no signal", "Our server was down", "My alarm didn't go off," "The cheque is in the post," "My battery died," "The train was delayed," "I'll phone you back in a minute", "This tastes delicious" and "I'm going to the gym tonight" were all part of the top 20 list. (Asian News International)

***** Come to think of it, are we any different from the so-called fibbing Brits? In fact I feel that we Malaysians are more used to fibbing than people anywhere else in the world. With our government setting a 'good' example can anyone blame us?
Image - Source

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fibbing BN:

If what Loh Mui Fah said was true, there are many questions can be asked:
- Why did the PM mum over Loh’s letter and his appeal for protection?
- Same question to Tan Sri Haidar who had insisted that nobody came forward to offer information, why did he keep silent?
- What was the role of the ACA? Did the ACA act on the tip off from VK Lingam?

In short, it is obvious that the authorities knew that the clip was genuine and have already had the means to tract down the maker of the video not long after Anwar released the clip.

While in actual fact, the members of the investigation panel need no further evidence on the authenticity of the clip.

Even when the Royal Commission was formed, Tan Sri Haidar continued to be silent on the identity of the video maker. If Mr Loh Mui Fah did not voluntarily present himself to the public, I wonder he would ever be called for the inquiry.
http://www.tianchua.net/en/2008/01/13/nobody-came/

11:22 AM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home

!-- End #sidebar -->
Malaysia Blog Sites Listing Check Web Rank World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites hits Blog Portal