Friday, September 08, 2006

Mahadzir Lokman, A Malay To Be Proud Of.

Multi-linguist and TV personality, Mahadzir Lokman will be conferred Ordre Les Palmes Academiques (Order of Academic Palms) from the French government for his contribution to expansion of French culture outside the country. The French Embassy said in a statement here Friday, the award would be presented by its Ambassador to Malaysia Alain du Boispean this Tuesday at the ambassador's residence.

Mahadzir, 49, managing director of Dale Lokman Associates has a Masters degree in Business Administration from University of Ohio, USA. He joined private television station, TV3, in 1984 as presenter for English and Malay news.

Mahadzir who is proficient in English and French, has served as emcee for the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (Chogm), 16th Commonwealth Games, 13th Non-Aligned Movement Summit, Organisation of the Islamic Conference (OIC) Meeting, meetings of G15 nations, Asean Ministerial Meetings and Pacific Basin Economic Co-operation Meeting held here.

The Palmes Academiques is an order founded by French Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte in a move to appreciate the importance of education in the 1800's, and had established the honorary titles of Titulaire, Officier de I'Universite and Officier d'Academies as award for devotion and accomplishment in the areas of teaching scholarship and research in 1808.

"These arts and sciences awards have been cherished for almost two hundred years. The form of the award has changed, as has the organisation, which administers it," the embassy said.

-- BERNAMA

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have seen him reading news on the tele years ago as well as emcee for an Islamic conference. He is a nice, handsome person although a little overweight. His spoken French sounds a little forced and his pronunciation not always 100% accurate but I like him. I'm happy that the French have recognised his contributions.

6:07 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Fashionasia said...

I like Mahadzir Lokman...he is really good and spontaneous as an emcee...
great news...cheerios

6:09 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

according to my friend who use to work for him for a brief while, he's not a very good boss :) just had to highlight that.

11:33 PM GMT+8  
Blogger The Malaysian. said...

mon dieu, although I don't know enough French to comment, I too am glad that the Frenchies have given him due recognition.
fashionasia, thanks for dropping in. Yes, he is a good emcee and a cheerful one too.
anonymous, in a world where even children don't have a good word to say about their own parents, I wouldn't worry about an employees opinion.

11:51 AM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, he once attended Sabah College... can you locate him here? A quiet unassuming boy whose father once the Sabah director of education. We are proud of him
We really are proud of him http://photos.hi5.com/0001/951/924/E4O237951924-02.jpg

4:44 AM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

siapa tahu alamat internet Dale Lokman Associates kerana http://www.dale-lokman.com
sudah tak jalan.

Terima kasih

11:50 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is a liar, a pompous arrogant guy! He thinks he is the best but the truth is he backstabs people to get where he is today.

On top of that he is a shirt-lifter! I hope more people will see the real horrible person he is.

12:22 AM GMT+8  
Anonymous Leda said...

I was wondering if you could help me connecting with Dale Lokman. I met him years ago in Ohio, USA, when he was my AFS bus chaperon. I am now living/working in Bangalore India and would love to get his email address. I have tried via his company website, but there is some clitch int he system that does not allow me to send them an email.

I ran a search and found your posting about Mahadzir Dale Lokman and thought you could help me. My email address is ledagarciadaeira@hotmail.com, I am working with the Streisand Foundaiton and would love to reconnect to Dale. Tell him I am Leda, the tall Brazilian. Appreciate it. Leda

6:12 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home

!-- End #sidebar -->
Malaysia Blog Sites Listing Check Web Rank World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites hits Blog Portal