Monday, December 31, 2007

Bloggers Around The Globe Pay Their Tribute To Benazir Bhutto

BENAZIR BHUTTO'S FINAL SECONDS

The assassination of Benazir Bhutto has generated an enormous scale of response throughout the globe. People not just in Pakistan but all over the world have responded to her death with great shock and dismay. This mass-scale response is evident from the fact that bloggers have flooded the internet with reactions to this unfortunate incident.

From tributes and expression of sorrow to conspiracy theories on who was responsible for Benazir’s murder, bloggers have discussed almost all aspects of the hideous deed that was committed December 27.

The pain and anguish that the people are going through is apparent in the words that they have used in their blogs.

Hyder Yusafzai wrote: “Today I am in pain, I am in anger and my heart bleeds for Benazir Bhutto and her family and for my beloved Pakistan.”

Marcia from Portland Oregon, USA wrote: “The whole world is crying. A brave and beautiful woman, dedicated to making the world a better place. My heart is broken.”

Some grew up witnessing the life of Benazir Bhutto such as Umarah, who wrote, “I feel sad and I am still in shock. I grew up with her politics around me and I feel very strange that my kids will not know of her as one of the most powerful leaders of her times, just like I didn’t see any of her father’s politics.”

Most of the bloggers have used beautiful words to present their tributes to the great lady as can be seen in the following blog posted by one Leighann: “I am so saddened by this loss. This woman of such great strength and zeal who, for all else, believed in her country and in her desire to bring it into a modern world. Benazir Bhutto died for her country, died fighting for a better way, died believing Pakistan could be a shining star. To the men who couldn’t handle it, may swift winds come your way, you cannot stop change.”

Dr J. S. Gill from Malaysia wrote: “My condolences to her immediate family and the people of Pakistan. My wife and I are saddened by this tragic loss of your country’s ex-PM and a world-renowned politician. She was a brave woman to take the risks for the return of democracy to Pakistan.”

Some like Erin from the USA made the message small but precise: “We are grieving with you.”

Lala Hasan used the following poetry for her: “What kind of flowers could we offer you on your grave. You left during a season when the branches of trees are empty.”

Mrs Akram understands the pain that Benazir’s children must be going through. She wrote: “I am shocked. I am not thinking who she was except that she was a mother.”

Some who personally knew Benazir Bhutto like Haroo-Pascal Mian also posted on a blog: “Dear Pinky, We will all miss you. I remember the first time I saw you, it was on your first day at Karachi Grammar School. The big buzz was ‘Pinky is here, Pinky is here!’ at the morning assembly. Everyone was trying to have a look at you. You are Benazir to others, to me you will always be Pinky.”

People of all castes, races, religions and boundaries have shown solidarity and set aside their differences in expressing their grief and sorrow over the death of a woman they all loved and admired.

Rohit from India wrote: “Growing up in India, Benazir Bhutto remained an alluring figure, beautiful, impossibly brave, tragically flawed, and bearing the heavy burden of destiny. Her death is a tragedy of immense proportions, for all those who hoped for a better South Asia.”

There are thousands of blogs from all across the world with similar sentiments. They are a great tribute to a great personality, who has become a larger-than-life figure in her death, as she was during her lifetime. (Bilal Farooqi, Daily Times)
Image - Source

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sumandak said...

i just love Benaxit Bhutto..She is a brave woman..It is sad that she;s gone..

11:05 AM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home

!-- End #sidebar -->
Malaysia Blog Sites Listing Check Web Rank World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites hits Blog Portal