Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Businesswoman Fined RM1,000 For Failing To Submit Income Tax Returns

A businesswoman paid a heavy price for failing to submit her income tax returns to the Inland Revenue Department (IRD).

Low Siok Cheng committed the offence for five consecutive years since 1998.

Magistrate Syahrin Jeli Bohari fined her RM200 or two days jail for each offence. Low, the proprietor of Siok Cheng Enterprise, an automobile dealership, paid the fine.

She was charged under sub-section 120 (1)(b) Income Tax Act 1967 which provides a fine of up to RM2,000 or six months jail or both.

Only RM1000 fine for failing to submit returns for five years! She's one very lucky Ah Soh. Bloody hell, I get rammed with the full 2000 bucks fine every time I submit mine late. Would you believe my accountant is after me till this minute to get me to sign my returns?

What is 1000 ringgit for an automobile dealer? Peanuts. Pity the next few chaps who purchase a car from her though. She's got to 'make back' the fine no?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

!-- End #sidebar -->
Malaysia Blog Sites Listing Check Web Rank World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites hits Blog Portal